Garlic Butter Sauce
Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Pasta Extra Wide Noodle-Style (about 1/2 a bag)
5 tbsp unsalted butter (or margarine)
1/3 to 1/4 cup Lucini’s extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Black pepper, to taste
Oregano, to taste
Peas and carrots, steamed
Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions (boil water, salt water; at rapid boil, cook noodles for about 10 minutes or until tender)
2. Meanwhile, steam peas and carrots (10 to 15 minutes)
3. Make sauce when pasta is almost finished cooking, and when vegetables are almost done steaming, so it does not sit.
4. In a large skillet on low heat, melt unsalted butter and then add oil.
5. Add chopped garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Do not brown the garlic.
6. Add pepper and oregano, in addition to other seasonings, if desired.
7. Toss in cooked peas and carrots. Then toss the pasta in the same sauce pan. Add a bit of parmesan cheese (or any dry shredded cheese).
Simple, easy and very quick! Using whole wheat pasta is a great way to add fiber to your diet (even if it is not 100% whole wheat)! Adding vegetables to your sauce and pasta is also a sneaky means to get your daily recommended servings. Plus, it tastes delicious.