Strawberry Banana Smoothie
approx. 12 small to medium sized strawberries, cleaned and cut in half
1/2 to 1 medium sized banana, sliced
1 (serving) vanilla Yoplait light (or dannon light) yogurt (minus 2 teaspoons) (or any non-fat yogurt)
1 to 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
1 large glass of ice cubes
1. Slice strawberries and banana and add to blender.
2. Add yogurt.
3. Add a bit of light agave nectar.
4. Add 1 glass of ice.
5. Add a bit more light agave nectar.
6. Mix on “smoothie” setting until blended well and no ice remains. About 2 minutes.
7. Add more light agave nectar to sweeten.
8. Pour into a glass and enjoy this delicious smoothie! Garnish with a strawberry for a nice clean decoration.
- Try other fruits and berries – including blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries – or any fruit you like
- Use frozen fruit if you do not have access to fresh
- For a non-dairy alternative, replace yogurt with apple juice
- Add flax or hemp seed as an enhancer